Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP: Server connection interrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

tina2

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2001
US
I am tearing my hair out over this one!

I have 4 users with Windows XP who cannot connect to my server (1.8 for Server 2000). One of them had an existing functional client configuration that suddenly stoppped being able to connect, so at first, I though it was a Windows update. The other 3 are fresh installations. I even tried unistalling XP SP2 but got the same results.

here is what happens: The client tries to conntect, but get the error message: connection interrupted, attemting to reconnect and it keeps attempting over & over.

I am positive my configuration settings are correct. I have tried unistalling and reinstalling the client, typing in the IP address of the server instead of the name. what else can I try???

It is TS licensing. Have you got a TS license server, and is it activated ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

I definitely have TS licening installed & Activated.
Don't tell me the TS server has to issue a license to an XP client! I thought that had been resolved with Windows 2000!

No Windows 2000 does not need to issue to XP. Are you active Directory, a TS license server in a 2000 AD must be on a DC.

Check the event viewer, is their anything in there.

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back