Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp RPC terminated(not the blaster worm) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersmoke1

Technical User
Jun 25, 2003
US
ive just upgraded my aunts computer to windows xp pro and now after surfing around or downloading for awhile the rpc will terminate, i knew this was the signs of the blaster worm so i got the fix and ran it in safe mode but turned up empty handed.

im frankly boggled as to why this is happening ive never had any problems like this in xp before. any help would be greatly apreciated.

Hi,
Download this and run it:
Ensure you have the critical updates from Microsoft installed also.
Let me know how you get on.

Looking for the best answers:
faq222-2244
Keeping your system clear of malware:
faq608-4650
Dont forget to post back with the eventual resolution.

thanks, ill try that out when i go back over today, im also going to bring over my copy of nortons systemworks and see if win/disk doctor can find anything wrong. ill let you know my results

thanks alot for the tip to for the stinger program, it found and deleted 3 viri inclueding the blaster worm, ive reformated her drive and installed NAV aswell as the windows updates and everything seems to be working fine now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back