Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP prof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bvisual

Programmer
Jul 1, 2005
BE
hello,

after i start my laptop it loads the windows green bar and it moves but then when the login screen has to appear it only show a blue screen with the windows xp logo (this screen is visible on every pc for 1 a 2 sec) but it stays on the indictor for the HD is flikkering but is doesnot seem to do anything.

So i put my disk to install win xp press R to repair windows xp but this doesnot seem to work eather i tried to go back to last now good config but does not work.

anyone have a idee

tryed that already but i keaps hanging at the blue screen

i tryed everything only clean install is left but the problem is that there are importand files on the laptop

i can enter dos but then i cant acess my documenten it gives message access denied

but i need the files...

It sounds to me like you have two choices:

1 - move the Hard Drive to another PC and copy off your important data

or

2 - Install Windows into another Directory ("Parallel install"), then copy your important data to somewhere else.

Good Luck!

Seumas

It is possible the hard drive has died. The drive manufacturer will have free diagnostic software, bootable from floppy (or CD if you have the appropriate software).

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console for Windows XP (Q307654)

You might be able to run ChkDsk /r from the Recovery Console.

An easy to follow recovery console description when unable to start computer due to corrupt registry.

This is a layman's version of Q307545 in simple language.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back