Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Pro x64 drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

sekopp

Programmer
Aug 22, 2001
US
I'm surprised that my search for x64 found no hits. Is this not the correct forum for Windows XP Pro x64? I have recently installed it. I was having cd/dvd sub-system problems with 32-bit XP Pro SP2 using my giga-byte motherboard and decided to go 64-bit. I have all of my hardware working quite well, even my problem-child Audigy 2 Platinum sub-system, but there are software issues. There is no driver for Adobe Acrobat distiller, there is no USB driver for my Handspring. I use the serial cradle instead. Systemworks 2005 does not work at all under Win XP Pro x64. Does anyone know of a place to find 64-bit software solutions?

Have you tried Google? (returns a lot of hits for '64 bit software' - don't know how useful they all are - I last looked a month or 2 ago). I know support is very limited currently - but presumably improving all the time (I've also installed XP 64 bit - but its just on a test machine. There have been updated drivers for the motherboard (and all its onboard bits) since I installed it, ao there is obviously development going on out there.

Actually, I have found a site callled PlanetAMD64. I have found drivers, but 64-bit apps are still sparse. The native stuff like the 64-bit IE6 is noticeably faster, so I'm presuming that other 64-bit apps would outperform their 32-bit counterparts. Even the 32-bit apps run faster in the 64-bit arena.

Do you know if this is the correct forum for 64-bit stuff? I don't want to step on any toes because this forum has been a great help to me over the years and I still have 32-bit XP pro on several machines.

well its still XP Pro, and there isn't another forum for it here (yet), so yes this is the right forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back