Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Xp Pro Activation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bufont

Technical User
Apr 25, 2005
CA
Hey
I had windows xp pro loaded on then I added drivers for my integrated sound, restarted now windows say you must activate windows again yes or no, and I believe windows does do this for when you make hardware changes! But whenever I click yes or no it jsut gives me a blank screen and I can't do anything! Anyone got any suggestions? like go to safe mode and do something?
If yah can give me some help it would be appreciated!
thx

What happens if you say no? Has the time expired or will it say you still have # of days to register? If you can say no and get to the desktop I would try registering from that point. I would also check the event viewer for errors to see what may be preventing you from registering. Worse case if you still cannot register there is a 800 number you can call and get a KEY from the automated system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back