Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Pro 64 bit workstations not getting Group Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew1701d

Technical User
May 15, 2002
US
We have new Windows XP Pro 64 bit workstations that I've added to our domain and appropriate OUs which have group policies that work fine on our 32bit XP workstations but do not apply at all to the 64bit XP workstations. Any help as to how to get these systems to get the group policies as thats how we lock down our systems and deploy some software.
I think the issue may be trying to get the 64bit system to wait for the network to become available so it can read the group policies but adding the reg keys found here which work for our 32 bit systems do not work at all for the 64 bit systems.

Any help is EXTREMELY appreciated

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

If you think that article may be the problem can you use this Group Policy setting on the 64-bit machines?

The policy "Always wait for the network at computer startup and logon" is found:

Computer Configuration/ Administrative Templates/ System/ Logon

Yeah I already have that setting set in the administrative template of the machine and group policy settings still are not applied.

"I'm certifiable, not certified. It just means my answers are from experience...not a book

Can't quite tell if the link you provided linney gives a solution.

The thing I thought might be interesting is the comments about the Network Cards causing the slow connections and therefor missing out on the Group Policy and in doing so never gets to install any GPO such as waiting for the network (in the first place)?

It might be a good idea to post your question in some of the Server Forums too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back