Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows XP or Kyocera at fault?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2002
GB
I have just purchased a PC from Evesham with XP Pro (SP2 installed) for my daughter to take to University in 2 weeks time.
I have also purchased a Kyocera FS-920 laser printer.

I installed the Kyocera software as per instructions onto an otherwise pristine installation.
The problem is that every time I turn the printer on Windows XP initiates its found new hardware dialogue. I have to cancel this.
The printer works OK.

I contacted Kyocera who were adamant it was an XP fault "for not updating their generic drivers".

I contacted Evesham who were equally adamant it was a Kyocera fault.

I am piggy in the middle. Who is right?

i would tend to think that its an xp problem, but i have been known to be wrong (not often though :))

Paul

I would say that you need to get updated drivers (or install the drivers for the printer from the manufacturer Kyocera) instead of using the generic XP drivers. The XP driver is probably the issue and that is why it keeps asking for the drivers every time you boot. I have seen this before with printers and once I install the manufacturers driver, it usually takes care of the issue.

Hope that helps,

Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back