Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp mode doesn't start 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hceco

MIS
Mar 18, 2008
BR
I installed the windows virtual pc and windows xp mode. It worked fine, but after I restarted the laptop, the windows xp mode didn't open.

It's a Turion 64x2, Windows 7 Professional and it's configured into a domain. The user is member of administrators.

The curious is that this is the second time this happen. In the first one, I reinstall the virtual pc and win xp mode, but now, stopped to open.

If I try to open in the windows virtual pc menu, only open if I choose run as administrator. And then, click in windows xp mode, really doesn't open (no windows, no error message).

What can I do?

thanks,
Renato.

Check in this location C:\Users\usernamexxxx\Virtual Machines.

For the entry "Windows XP Mode.vmcx" and under the "Primary disk" heading, does the user have correct access permissions for the location of the Primary disk?

For expert help with Virtual Machines you could try this Forum.

Windows 7 Virtualization

Yes, the user have correct access permissions for the location.

I will try the forum you suggested.

tks

Yes, try your luck in the Virtualization Forum.

If it is a problem with the Host operating system then it may be caused by other software that you are running which is conflicting with XP Mode.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Solved!

Discovered by performing a clean boot. The file Fixcamera.exe starts with windows and has some incompatibility with xp mode. Once I doesn't start it, the xp mode works!

tks,
Renato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back