Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Look with VB6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 29, 2002
GB
Is it possible to program the Windows XP look into a vb6 application so that when the app runs on anything other than XP it still shows the Xp look and feel?

yes it is possible but you have to use a SKINNER CONTROL for that .as vbskinner control,activeskin control.
my suggestion to use vbskinner it is realy great and so easy to use(just place it on your form) it is available on
there are two versions of this control one of them is free

go there download them and try

hope I did help

Not bad but i am looking for a way to do a true Xp interface if possible if not i will give it a go!

Cheers
James

I assume that a VB .Net app 'looks like' XP, in that the buttons, tabs and so on are XP-ish? I don't know whether that's the case, I don't know anyone with VB .Net to ask!!

- Andy.

I have an ocx file(button) that looks like XP,MAC,Java,Netscape etc...it's very cool. you have about 5 different button choices to choose from..

If you want it...give me your email address and I'll send it to you.

I will also check out the skinner...I was looking for something like that as well..

fadloun,
have you had a problem with the VBSkinner where it makes the form bigger then what the actual size is?

I am using MDI Child forms and when I place the skinner on the form it makes the form bigger and Stretches it out.

I did not see any settings for that.

Thanks

dvannoy

yes I noted that.and I think there is no solution for that.

anyhow
I don't recommend using vbskinner on MDI CHILD becuase you can't add this control to MDI FORM.

try activeskin control.

Ref the skinner control. I downloaded the free version, yes it's easy to put it on a form, but it wont stretch during design time (postage stamp size)so how do you work with it, ie put controls on it?, or set its size for runtime. Looks nice but what do you do with it? Sorry to raid thread, but hope it's relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back