Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

WINDOWS XP - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppkay

IS-IT--Management
Dec 16, 2002
US
I have a laptop with Windows XP Home Edition installed on NTFS drive.

When I start my computer, I get the following message: "\windows\system32\config\system file is missing or corrupt. Please use the 'R' option in the Windows Setup CD, to repair your system"

I then try to use the Windows Setup CD to repair the system, but I get the following message on a blue screen: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I am not able to bypass either of the above 2 errors.

In short, I am not able to access my hard drive having my data files some of which I haven't backed up.

I have tried all options like starting in Safe Mode, Last Known Good Configuration, etc but nothing seems to work.

I have also run some Hard Disk Checking Utilities and they have come up with the result that the hard Drive is OK.

Also I have installed another hard drive in lieu of the problem hard drive, and the new one works perfectly fine.

Please go through the above message carefully.

Any help in getting me access to my hard drive and ultimately to my data files will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome!

Never said IRQL=Hardware IRQ

IRQL is a routine in which the driver info is passed to the hardware.

Parameter 2 is the IRQL. You state: "Parameter2 is the most important one...that is the hardware device that is causing the friendly "blue stop screen reboot" error =)

Take that number and then reference it to your System Information/Hardware Resources/IRQ's and replace the mofo or get the updated drivers, if they exsist."

What reference are you making other than to the IRQ?

Ah sorry for the confusion bcastner...

When I said "take that number" I didn't mean Parameter2 meant the IRQ that shows up in the Event Viewer.

Event Viewer = My Troublehooting Friend

=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back