Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Home Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr20

MIS
Aug 22, 2003
US
When ever my Windows XP program starts up, I get the following message: "Cannot find NT16.DLL"

Then another message pops up that says " Insufficient memory to run this application. Quit one or more Windows applications and then try again.

I just recently deleted some old software off of my computer, when this starting happening. It seems as if I might need to check my Windows Registry, but I don't want to mess around with my Registry without being 100% sure that is what I need to do.

Has anyone else experienced this problem. Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

When you say deleted I assume you mean you used an uninstaller to remove your software.

Something is still loading at Startup that requires that dll file.

There are several freeware programs which will show you what is starting at Startup. Using one of them you might be able to track down the Registry entry or other start up method causing the problem.

put your xp cd in and boot off of it...see if the repair option will work

I found the problem. The application that I deleted was still in my startup menu. I guess I didn't delete it properly. I disabled it in my startup menu and the error does not appear anymore.

Thanks for your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back