Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows xp help?or another problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnadownload

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
US
My computer had an error which i figured to be an unmountable boot error, and so ran the recovery disc i had and everything went fine but everytime i try and load windows even after i used the recovery disc it always comes back and sits at a screen that says "your computer may have had an error,power surge,hardware failure could be one of those)

and then the options to boot to safe mode safe mode with prompt safe mode with networking and then last known good settings and start windows regularly..

i've tried them all and none work

what can i do did i have hardware failure?
i have already tried the recovery disc as noted am i going to have to reinstall windows xp?

any help would be great

my pc is a hewlett packard

i just noticed on the recovery it isnt recognizing my c drive to fix only my d drive and i have it in properly.

Do you have access to the Recovery Console program on your machine (some OEM's don't). If you can access it, try running Chkdsk from it.

You might find some ideas from these to at least give you avenues to further research.

Unmountable_Boot_Volume in WIN XP Pro
thread779-436409

315403 - Stop 0x000000ED Error Message When Volume on IDE Drive with Caching Enabled Is Mounted

Hi Helpers

I have PCanywhere 10.5 running on XP pro.
I now have Cable internet and problems with PCanywhere.

I have configured the host with TCP/IP and when I double click to load the host I get an error message
"Could Not Stop The Server"
and I do not get the Host Icon onto the to toolbar to the right.

Thank You

allanb11

You should start a new thread for a new topic.

dnadownload,

If you can't get into recovery console with your recovery disk, you can download app to create the 6 floppies to start XP install (which also lets you start recovery console) from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back