Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP Drivers for Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogerSilva

Programmer
May 13, 2004
BR
Hi All,
I'm trying to find windows XP drivers for Sony VAIO VNG-SZ430N/B notebook.
Does somebody know where I can find windows xp's drivers for this notebook?
As this notebook comes from factory with windows vista, thus Sony doesn't provide any windows xp drivers for it.
I've being searching for those drivers for long time with no success.
Does somebody know how to extract Sony's drivers from its executable files?
I mean, Is it possible to download Sony's driver from my notebook website, and extract the whole file without installing the driver itself (I'm thinking in extract the drivers to avoid the installer system checks)?

I appreciate any help you can give me,

Roger

Hi all,
thanks for helping.

Hi, butchrecon and Diancecht.
I've tried to install VGN-SZ360P/C drivers as you've suggested, but the drivers' install application doesn't let me finish installation process. I mean, when I try to install any of those drivers/software there is kind of system verification that doesn't let me install them (probably to protect end users from installing the wrong driver or update on the wrong machine).

Therefore, I've tried to extract those drivers following the steps described on the following link:

However, It seems that VGN-SZ360P/C drivers are packed using a different way (instead of Install Shield Wizard as described on the link above) as I couldn't extract the drivers' cab files from its executable.

Please, Does someone know how I can extract those drivers' files?

thanks in advance,
Roger

Chipset Drivers and Ethernet can be found on the INTEL website...

Graphics driver are either nVidia GO drivers, if a seperate graphics card is installed, or the INTEL graphics drivers for the 945GM graphics solution...

also using a program like Belarc could help identify the rest of the hardware...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Hi all,
Hi BadBigBen, thanks a lot for helping.
I've installed Belarc to help identify the rest of the hardware as you suggested.
However, I wasn't able to find drivers for the following devices:
-Toshiba Bluetooth USB Controller (ALPS/UGPZ6) Driver
-Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC5 Driver
-Sony Ericsson VDC EGPRS Modem

Please, Do you know where I can find drivers for those devices??
By the way, I wasn't able to install the following applications in windows xp either (Those applications sounded to be essential):
-Sony HDD Protection Driver
-Sony Notebook Utilities (is this just bloatware?)
-Sony Image Conversion Filter Driver
-Sony Firmware Extension Parser Driver
-Sony Utilities DLL Update
-Sony Programmable I/O Control Device Driver
-Sony Shared Library
-Wireless Switch Setting Utility

Please, Do you know if I should install the applications above also??Do you know each application functionality?
I've tried installing the VGNSZ360PC's windows XP drivers and applications, but I wasn't able to finish the installation process as It because of the system verification step...
Is there any way to by pass the system verification step??extract the drivers??or force install them?

thanks in advance,
Roger

Forgot:

-Sony HDD Protection Driver
-Sony Notebook Utilities (is this just bloatware?)
-Sony Image Conversion Filter Driver
-Sony Firmware Extension Parser Driver
-Sony Utilities DLL Update
-Sony Programmable I/O Control Device Driver
-Sony Shared Library
-Wireless Switch Setting Utility

Who needs that? as you mentioned it is BLOATWARE... imho...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back