Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows XP and Partner ACS Remote Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

samelbe

Technical User
Dec 10, 2003
US
Has anyone figured out how to get Partner PC Admin software to work with Windows XP? My old laptop with ME works great, but the new Dell 610 won't connect with the internal modem; neither will the desktop running Windows XP. I think XP is the problem, but I'm not smart enough to know how to change it to make it work. Any Help out there?
Thanks and Merry Christmas, Happy New Year in 06
Sam

I have never had any luck with my Actiontec internal modem on my Dell 8200. If I use a US Robotics 56k external modem I have no problems

Try changing your modem to com1 or com2. I've had some success with that. If that doesn't work try an external modem.

I have better luck using older external modems at slower speed, but on win xp you can right click icon, then click properties tab, and on the compatibility tab run as win98/me

I tried that and it did not make any difference. Every now and then it would say 'connected at 4800' but I never got to the remote password login in box. I guess AVAYA knows about this problem, is there a ethernet to modem box out there that would make this simpler. I wish AVAYA would just make a lan port connection for the Partner. Maybe in R8 if it ever come out.

That's why I prefer the Intertel Session Manager...too bad it only works with Intertel systems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back