Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows woes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarloZ

Programmer
Dec 15, 2001
CA
hello guys, i know this is for windows 2k pro. but i'm wondering if anyone here can help me with xp pro logon screen saver. i made it as the server or should i say the main computer running on peer to peer network. the the other computers are using the "server" to connect to the same application database. but whenever the logon screen saver goes on the "server", the connection of the other computers is lost. anyone can help me diable this or is there any other way to work on this porblem. thanks you very much for any information.

karloz

i have a situation like this with the media player ,, whe I keep it running and the screen saver starts , it stop the media player , and take it places ,, but I didn't find a solution except to stop the screen saver , and switch it to none . Mohamed Farid
Know Me No Pain , No Me Know Pain !!!

Check you power management settings. It may appear that it is your screensaver but it may be that you have your hard disk set to shut off at a certain time.

Right Mouse Click Desktop, Properties, ScreenSaver "tab".
Power Buttin in the lower right hand corner, make sure "Turn off harddisks" is set to "never"

Just a thought.

Hello guys, thank you for your replies. i've tried your recommendations before hand no success yet. i think i have to go to registry to disable that. can someone give more suggestions. ill appreciate it.

karloz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back