Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Vista & Borland Delphi 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbguy805

Programmer
Oct 17, 2006
US
Hello,
I am using Windows XP Pro,MS Access 2000 as database & Delphi 2006. This worked ok until I switched to Microsoft Vista.This is wierd because I have two SQL statement followed by one after another..When it executes first sql statment..it wont give any error..but it wont return any rows from that table even though there is data in that table..when i goto next statement..it gives me an error 'Tablename' does not exist. I am using ADO.

When i installed Windows Vista..Here is what I did.
1...Installed Borland Delphi 2006
2...Installed Microsoft Office 2003
3...Installed Microsoft Office 2007 Beta on same computer but on another drive.

I cant figure out what is causing this error. When I create new datalink and generate connection string and use same connection string in delphi,it gives me ole error..saying is not supported by driver or something..I forgot exact error description.

Any one seen this before? How to get rid of this error?

Thank you

Important Note: Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE) will not be supported on the Microsoft Vista operating system. If you plan to build an application and redistribute a database with it, you should consider using SQL Server 2005 Express Edition instead. For more information, see the Running SQL Server on Windows Vista page on microsoft.com.

Running SQL Server on "Microsoft Windows Server Longhorn" or Microsoft Windows Vista

In an effort to provide customers with more secure products, Microsoft Windows Server "Longhorn" and Microsoft Windows Vista will only support SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later when it becomes available. Earlier versions of SQL Server, including SQL Server 2000 (all editions including Desktop Engine edition, a.k.a MSDE), SQL Server 7.0, and SQL Server 6.5, will not be supported on Windows Server "Longhorn" or Windows Vista. Customers running applications with these earlier versions of SQL Server should consider evaluating and upgrading to SQL Server 2005, which was designed to take advantage of the upcoming security and performance enhancements in the operating environment.

Aaron
John Mutch Electronics

yeah..you are right. I think that is better way to do it. Thank you for your help.Appriciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back