Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Upgrade problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
May 1, 2001
GB
ok before anyone says it windows upgrades do suck, but a guy has asked me to give his system a spring clean and has a load of stuff on it that prevents me doing a total wipe down.

The problem is that he had win 98 on it, and went out and bought ME upgrade and installed it himself.

I have got his system running perfectly agian but he mentioned that he cannot uninstall some programs, the message is :

"Setup requires a different version of windows. Check to make sure that you are running on the windows plattform for which it is intended." "error 102"

Ive tried the ussual web searching but seem to be going around in circles.

Any ideas guys?

Ah this is the problem i wasnt there when the guy decided to install ME and from the looks of it bypassed the option to create an uninstll directory.

I have used norton utilites but im not sure how to use it to uninstall, cant remeber every seeing such a thing.

I'll have a look at Ontrack system suite.

cheers for reply mate

Probably you can delete the programs manually and remove references to them from the registry, the .ini files and startup programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back