Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampal

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I have been trying to do all the windows 2k updates because of the recent virus problems. So far 3 out of 5 computers have crashed during the updates. Mostly with the software file corupt. Is anyony else haveing problems? or am I doing something wrong. At this rate I'll take my chances with the viruses.

Thanks

Mike

Hi Mike.

We have patched all our 2000 machines (though Software Update services) mostly. I have not run into any problems yet doing the update manually though. I applied SP4 1st and then the other smaller ones. You don't have to load as many patches if you deploy SP4 1st.

I've had the same problem as Mike. 2 out of the 7 machines here in the office were not previously set to automatic update. When I tried to update manually, both systems froze solid. Twice. I'm loathe to try it again for fear of crippling the machines...

--Roc

--Roc
"Whatever one man can dream, another can accomplish" - Jules Verne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back