Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Update / Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdnationwide

IS-IT--Management
Nov 23, 2001
GB
I have 3 NT 4 Servers but am unable to view the internet on 2 of them. I'm want to update them via the Windows Update site as this seems the easiest way of doing it. I have made sure that all the proxy settings etc are ok (the same as the other server) but it comes back with 'This page cannot be displayed' as with any page I try. Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

It depends on your network setup. How is the one that can connect, connecting to the Internet? Dial-up modem? DSL or cable directly connected? T1? You may not have any type of connection sharing setup (Proxy, ICS, Wingate, etc.).

Please provide additional information.

All machines go through ADSL via a proxy server. I have checked the setting on the server to make sure it is correctly. Very confusing... ----------------------------------------
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

Actually I think that website URL isn't working. I tried to get there yesterday with the same results and I have no Proxy Server. The link is either dead or has been removed. Either that or Microsoft is updating it.

Drew

I can access it from other machines as well as 2 other servers. I cannot access any pages at all on these 2 problem servers. ----------------------------------------
Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognise a mistake when you make it again.

That as well as any other updates it may need to have. My Exchange Server running NT Server 4.0 opens the page ok but updated correctly. The problem servers will not open any website at all. ----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back