Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Update download problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

WallyWeasel

Programmer
Feb 11, 2003
CA
I can pick items from windows update to download.

I can pick "Install now"

I accept the license agreement, and the download window opens.

IT JUST STAYS AT 0% and will not begin to download (no error messages).

Do you have the icons to see your Internet connection in the system tray?

If you do, can you still see the Internet connection working? Can you browse elsewhere on the Internet while that is up? Jennifer Sigman
STILL unemployed...

I had the exact same problem after installing XP Pro last week. For several days I tried to use the Update feature and it would hang up at 0%. Then on the 10th try or so it just magically worked and all of the updates appeared. It worked fine after that (I had to update in several stages and used it several times) which led me to believe it was an issue with Microsoft's server availability. My suggestion (which has no technical basis for it) is that you just keep trying.

I had the sma problem and what I did to correct the problem was to install the IE service pack , you dont have to access up date to download it .
nightowl17

It doesn't stop at the "Scanning for Updates".

It stops at the download process.

In response to Jen's question, yes I still can access the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back