Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Time Service help....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbsb

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2001
US
I currently have a Windows 200 Domain with 6 2000 DCs and one NT BDC. I have set the time on the PDC emulator to the navy SNTP time server and all my 2000 clients and DCs are in sync.
My workstation is a Windows XP client and recently the clock is set an hour behind what the rest of the network is set to.
When I ran the net time /set command it shows the current time for the DC as being an hour behind the local time.

Is something configured wrong on my DCs or is it the workstation and what is the solution?

Make sure your Time and Date settings in your Windows 2000 Server are for your time zone. It's probably set for a time zone one hour behind the one you are really in. You must also set the Daylight savings time On or Off, depending if you have that in your time zone.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

The Daylight Savings time wasn't checked on the XP workstation. As soon as I checked the box...everything was back to normal.

In Outlook with Exchange, the Sent time will be off by an hour also on clients who dont have the daylight savings option checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back