Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows terminal service - color support !

Status
Not open for further replies.

farri

Programmer
May 16, 2002
PK
i have some solution including running an application from the server ... i am getting problem supporting colors more then 256 + i wanna know wat resolution it supports - maximum ?

Hi,

I am unsure of the maximum resolution but I think that it is 1024x768. the maximum number of colours that it supports is 256.

Hope this helps.

You are correct. Windows 2000 Terminal Server only supports 256 colors. The future .NET servers Terminal Services is supposed to have higher color support. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

hmm I get 16bit high color :) I am also connection via a lan and not via the internet. The more colors the high the connection speed between the 2 systems need to be.

Cheers.

NTS

Yep norristechs is correct (even if parameters are set to 256 colors).
The only way I've found to get 16bits color on slow network is by using rdesktop (a unix tse client) which can also use intermediate resolution (I'm currently using 960X691 which fits in my 1024X768 local machine desktop). There must be a way to use these parameter on MS TSE client put I have no infos about that.

Jomac

I have looked for a way. All I find from MS is that TS in W2K supports onnly 256 colors. If norristechs is getting 16bit colors on W2K TS then please let us know how. The application we roll out needs more than 256 colors. Right now with 256 colors it is difficult work with. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

I don't get 16bits color on local 100Mb when usingTS client with win2k, just got with rdesktop...

Yeah, me too.

Can't say I have got over 256 working with XP RDC to my WIN2K server at home but rdesktop (linux) gets more.

Sorry its not a solution, but some input.

[smurf]

Unfortunatly I cannot use rdesktop. Thanks though. James Collins
Field Service Engineer
A+, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back