Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Storage Server 2003 and SNMP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 20, 2007
US
We have a Windows Storage Server 2003 running an application and all of it was installed by the vendor. We would like to install snmp on the server but don't have the CD's for Windows Storage Server 2003. Anyone know if we can use Windows Server 2003 R2 CD's for the SNMP install? Thanks.

If the Storage server is R2 as well, I would think you'd be ok. Have you tried to do the install and it ask for the CD? Normally, Storage Server is installed as a OEM already onto those types of appliances and the install files are already on the system partition to pull from.

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to add that this Windows Storage Server 2003 server is a 64-bit system. It is not R2. However, since it is oem installed I will check to see if the needed files can be pulled from the system partition. Thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back