Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows SP3 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulkmail

MIS
Jun 11, 2002
US
Has anone had issues after installing SP3? Namely downloading files from the Internet and getting a 404 eror and installing new programs.

Thanks,
BM

I have SP3 running on 10 servers & ~50 clients. Indeed, as others seem to have noticed, performance overall seems a bit better. All servers were previously SP2 with several hotfixes/security patches. Everything seems to be running fine, if not better.

I routinely updated our 2K servers to SP3, IE6SP1 and hotfixes from windowsupdate. Most of our servers now give me no problems atall, but one will not allow me into the add/remove software control-panel applet and the folder list in windows explorer comes up as blank. If anyone knows which library to replace, to restore the functionality, please let me know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back