Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Server 2003 / Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

pashers

IS-IT--Management
Sep 20, 2008
I am using Windows server 2003 and using Outlook 2003 for sending / receiving all messages from the server.

PC 1 has a user with accessing emails using Outlook 2003 all working ok. I set up same user on PC 2 in Outlook. PC 2 is now downloading all messages to inbox AND same user is not receiving her messages in Outlook inbox of PC 1. The Server is directing all messages to PC 2 and not PC 1 anymore. I know i've ticked something during set up, but can't seem to put my hand on what i've done.

Just to add the set up process for outlook has been using Microsoft Exhange server.

How do i get the server to forward messages to both PCs rather than just one PC.

Your help / support is greatly appreciated.

Pash

p.s i am new to networking and so would value some guidence

Okay, to get this straight, are you using Exchange Server for your email server?

If so, both pc1 and pc2 should be setup to access the Exchange server.

As a side note, email is not delivered to Email Clients (Outlook in this case) by the server. Email is retrieved by an email client from the server. That being said, the server doesn't have "forwarding" capabilities to send a message to the same person (email address) on two separate machines. If you are using POP3 to retrieve your mail, be sure to select the option in the account settings to leave the email on the server.

-Joe

you can creat a distrobution group with both users and then forward all emails to that distribution group. The advantage of having a distro is you can add or remove as many users as you want and not mess with exchage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back