Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows reporting that HD too large 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnwhite1201

Technical User
Jul 28, 2002
US
I have a stripped drive of 240gb, and win2k says that it is too big and it will not format it.
I know I am missing something.

Help

Glenn

If I am not mistaken, there is a limit as to how much harddrive space Win 2K will actually read. I dont know if this may be an idea for you, but you may want to partition the drive to under the max amount of harddrive space 2k will actually read.

Computers are like an array of randoms, ya never know what ya gonna get!!!

Wolluf,

I guess it does and it doesn't because I was having issues before and after win2k loads, I have however since starting these threads have fix my delima.

I bought a new MB w/ a highpoint RAID controller on it, so now I have the ability to have up to eight IDE devices![thumbsup] My current configuratio is 2x120 Maxtors in RAID 0 on a SOYO Fire Dragon P4 w/ a 2GHz Intel using 512 DDR pc2100 RAM. B-) I had to separate the drives, I had them mounted on top of one another and they were creating a lot of heat, so hot I could barely touch them. So I went over to the local PC store bought a cage extender for the HDs and a HD cooling fan that mounts to the bottom of the lower HD. Now you would wounder if they were working at all since they stay so cool!:-D

But thanks to all your help on this issue! Appreciate very much the replies! [2thumbsup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back