Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows protected storage password required! HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggrrrchick

IS-IT--Management
Nov 8, 2001
CA
Our server is NT4.0 and most workstations are as well. A few stations are now XP Professional and 2 are Windows 2000. The problem is when a NT4.0 workstation user logs on to an XP station ( because we have roaming profiles we can do this)and then goes back to thier NT workstation, we have a window popping up prompting for a 'WINDOWS PROTECTED STORAGE PASSWORD' of which we do not know the password. We have tried the user's NT password, administrators passwords but nothing works. This window now pops up all day long for no set reason. We are getting very frustrated with this. If anyone could please help me it would be appreciated greatly.
Thanks so much
-Diggz :)

Thank you but I have tried all of that. What I did so far and have had no issues ( 4 days now ) is rename the users profile on the server and delete the local profile on the workstation. When the user logs on to the workstation it forces the server to create a whole new profile. Renamimg the profile helps with specific files that need to be transferred over to the new profile again.
So far so good.

Thanks

-Diggz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back