Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows POP3 SMTP role and exchange server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

aime14

MIS
Oct 8, 2003
BI
Dear,

My exchange server was working perfectly until today when by mistake, i click to manage your server on windows 2003 and add POP3 SMTP role from MANAGE YOUR SERVER.
Now the exchange server 2003 is not working anymore, I am getting theis error message :

When i check the smtp virtual server i have this error message :

"Exchange System Manager failed to retrieve queues for the SMTP Virtual Server (error code = 0x80040154). Check the event log and verify that the required services are running."

and also i find this Event id : 9098, 907, 2103

I removed the POP3 SMTP role but still no chance.

Please help

Regards

since e2k3 uses its own improves smptp and pop3 services and servers...first of all try telnet to ur exchange server on port no 25 and 110. check the configuration of ur default smtp and pop3 server..check the services are running....or else create a new smtp and pop3 server this might help

good luck

I have uninstalled and reinstalled both IIS and Exchange 2k3 on the server ! but now OWA doesn't work anymore, internal or external no chance.

In IIS there is no ExchangeApplicationPool listed, and the Exchange object
is showing <invalid application pool>. The error I am getting in the event viewer is

Source : MSExchangeDSAccess
Event id:2050

Please, help, I have people crawling all over me to get OWA back up
again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back