Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows ntbackup issue ( dcomcnfg.exe error )

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakura

MIS
Jun 22, 2011
Hi,

Windows 2003 std x86.

Failed to launch windows ntbackup it will prompt for the error “removable storage not found”.

Using local administrator account go to computer management but fail to access removable storage and disk management. Error “access Denied”.

Check services are running, finally found that maybe cause by dcomcnfg.exe.
“Distributed com on this computer” not enable. If I try to enable but can see any things for me to select.

If click apply setting, it will prompt for “Microsoft management console” error. Event ID 1000.

I think if I can enable DCOM on this computer it will solve the problem but it generate windows management console error.

Any hep will be appreciated.

Thanks

At no point did you show that you started the service or if it was running, check the service in services.msc or just start it
net start NtmsSvc

MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS, MCP+I, MCP

Hi GrimR

Thank for the reply, did you see my uploaded srceen shot.

I have check before should be not related to the Services, services have been started.

How about the error from disk management and dcomcnfg ?

are you running them as administrator and turn off the firewall(in case)

runas /user:YOURDOAMIN\administrator "mmc ntmsmgr.msc"
runas /user:YOURDOMAIN\administrator "mmc diskmgmt.msc"

MCITP:EA/SA, MCSE, MCSA, MCDBA, MCTS, MCP+I, MCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back