Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows NT4 / IIS 4 Web Server error

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwildin1

Technical User
Mar 29, 2004
US
Hi, I am running an NT4.0 Web Server with IIS4.0. On the server I have various asp pages, some of which connect to access databases to store/display records. Two weeks ago I got an error where no database connections would work (the user got an 'unspecified error' message).

Rebooting the server is the only way I can get round this problem. After this had happened for three days on the run, I ran a full virus check (which found nothing) and re-installed all the previous hot fixes as the symptoms seemed similar to the old code-red virus.

The problem is the error has re-appeared. Do I need to re-install the hot fixes again or is there a permanent solution for this?

Any help would be appreciated, Marcus.

Are you running the affected pages in-process (low isolation) or out-of-process (medium or high isolation)?
This sounds similar to a problem we had using IIS 4.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back