Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martha

MIS
Jan 5, 1999
US
We need to put UNI-TNG on a NT box - we're still testing NT - coming from OS2 - we're just in the testing stage - is there an easy way to do this. What should we not do? Anyone that has converted over to NT please respond. Thanks

Martha,<br>
Good afternoon. I have not been in an environment that has converted from OS/2 to NT, but I feel I can give you some good advice Re: Unicenter TNG on NT. <br>
Side-Note: You said your coming from OS/2, Unicenter TNG works well in a Token Ring environment (if that is what you are currently on.) Please post some specific questions Re: Unicenter TNG on NT and I'll try to help if I can.<br>
Have a great week,<br>
Brent<br>
(TNGbrent)

We're running Automation Point on OS2, we're attempting to place Automation Point on NT 4.0. But we also need to place UNI-TNG also on this box. We're having problems either way. Is their an easy way to do this? We have a test PC that we're testing on, and it's going very very slow.

Martha,<br>
Good Morning. I have had very little experience with Automation point, the only thing I know about it, is it can control things like paging(Alpha-Numeric, and two-way) and other processes like that. In your latest reply, you mentioned that the applications are running very slow. For a (just) Unicenter TNG install on NT in the past, I have recomended at least 128mb ram, and at least a PII-266. Does your test machine meet these requirements? If not, it may be benneficial for you to try and find a test machine that does. If your machine meets at least the above requirements, have you patched Unicenter TNG with the latest patches?(Located at ftp://mf.cai.com/CAproducts/unicenter/TNG21/nt/). Another Question&gt; Is SQL loaded on the same test machine, are all service packs applied for NT and for SQL?<br>
I won't be able to help much with Automation Point, but I do feel I can help you with Unicenter TNG. Please post any other questions. If you are interested in conversing through e-mail, please let me know in a future posting.<br>
Have a great day,<br>
Brent<br>
(TNGbrent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back