Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows not loading - PC Angel Recovery Displayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxWill

MIS
Mar 30, 2009
US
Timely insight needed!

Have a HP Elite Book with Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit loaded and cannot log into windows for the past three days

Ton of information on the laptop!

Have attempted the following to no avail;

[ul]Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Enable Boot Logging[/ul]

Each time, I am presented with a screen that displays PC Angel Recovery and a strange symbol!

Any clue as to what is going on here? Virus? Malware?

Bad sector on the hard drive?

Did just purchase a Windows 7 Professional installation disk and will attempt to boot from the installation disk.

If that is not successful, I will attempt to take out the hard drive and attempt to directly access the data.

Concern is that I have lost everything as only about a third of the data is backed up!

See if you can get in with the sticky keys hack.

There is very little information on the internet about this program. Is that an Emachines computer? I'm getting the feeling it was included with that brand of computer, but I can't find any documentation on how to use it to recover. The hard drive may be dying. Best bet is to not fool around with trying a bunch of things. Instead connect it as a slave drive to another computer and pull your data before the hard drive completely dies.

Well, this may be an experience to prod you to make sure 100% of your data is backed up vs. one third.

It's just like a heart attack. Nobody has had one until they do. Boom, too late.

You can try using a live session to restore. Chances are your boot sector might have got corrupted during upgrade. Or you can try rolling back to the older version and try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back