Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Media Player problem with Windows 10 Ver 1803

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbMark

Programmer
Apr 10, 2003
US
I recently updated to Windows 10 Version 1803. A few days afterward I loaded a music CD into Windows Media Player (WMP) and though it initially displayed the track titles and other author details, after a couple minutes it cleared and just listed Track 1, Track 2, Track 3, etc. When I right-clicked on the CD icon on the left menu, both Find/Update album info failed, listing musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com and "The webpage cannot be found". I suspect something changed WMP with the Win10 Version 1803 update. I found only one thread on MS Social.TechNet on the issue but no answers there.

Or did Microsoft turn off this WMP feature without announcement? It doesn't make sense to turn the webpage off while leaving the Find/Update menu selections. I'm hoping it gets fixed...

I have installed 2018-05 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems KB4103721 (OS Build 17134.48 released May 8, 2018) but it still fails.

I had also posted to this MS thread and the consensus is that something in the Windows 10 Version 1803 broke the WMP Find/Update album info functionality. It appears MS changed the link/destination but never activated it. MS has been silent so far. I have a borrowed laptop that hasn't been updated to 1803 and its WMP still lists album info.

WMP is working normal again, the album and tracks display as they did in the past. Selecting "Update album info" now works (or at least does not generate an error message) but not "Find album info" which still fails with musicmatch-ssl.xboxlive.com message "The webpage cannot be found". I'm not sure how this issue (introduced with Win 10 Version 1803) was fixed, I can't identify any updates that would have fixed this, MS must have addressed this on the Down Low. I guess this can now be considered resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back