Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Media Player 7 Causing Proxy Connection Errors on Mac OS 9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mventour

Programmer
Jun 20, 2000
TT
I recently acquired an old Performa 6320CD, and decided to download and install WMP7, since I already converted my entire music collection to WMA to save CD space for archiving.

The installer proceeded without a hitch, and when it finished, it prompted me to reboot.

After rebooting, I attempted to go to the MacTopia web site only to be greeted by the error message:

"A connection error has occured" or something to that effect.

I uninstalled WMP7 (according to M$'s uninstall instructions on the Support site) but the problem still persists.

I currently have the Performa at work, where we access the internet through a SOCKS 5 proxy server. All the IPs are entered correctly. The only change was WMP7, and now it is gone.

Can anyone shed some light on this problem before I re-install OS 9.1 on the Performa?

Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide. If you sting me, I won't mind.

go to control panels and then go to "internet" under advanced, you can scroll down in the bar and see firewalls. make sure all of your settings are correct. don't let your schooling interfere with your education--mt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back