Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows ME 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2000
US
can you use windows 9X style "explorer" and how do you set it up?

I think it might have been moved under ACCESSORIES

Paul

I don't think the previous "helpers" for Gordon understand his question.
Gordon is like me and many others. When the File explorer was revised for ME they changed some stuff having to do with the "my documents" and other stuff.
If you right click on start or go to accessories you get the same thing.
I tried to load the explorer file that is on my Win98 machine and it won't work on a ME windows machine.
So...
Gordon and I are still looking. Maybe we'll have to resort to a third party software fix.
Johnstown, OH

I'm not entirely sure I understand exactly what your trying to do, however, if you're trying to make your ME Explorer, Control Panel, etc. Windows look like they did in Win98, try this.

Open Explorer or Control Panel. Click Tools Menu, then Folder Options. Go to View Tab and in Advanced Options, click on first 4 check boxes under Files and Folders Section. Check out some of the other options as well.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back