Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows ME startup logo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Does anyone know where the file containing the windows Me startup logo is stored.

Sub,

I am guessing its the same as Win98 in which case, Its in a file called logo.sys stored in the root, if its not there, it uses the default screen in win.com.

There is a good FAQ worth checking out, that tells you how to change it.

Paul

Yes Sub_XL, Paul is right the file is Logo.sys and it is in the root directory. The other 2 are in the Windows Folder and they are Logow.sys and Logos.sys. These are the shutdown screens.

If you do want to change them Paul has pointed you to my FAQ on this task. It may be a bit involved but I am working on a better way and will post it when I have finished.

Thank for the plug Paul.

Steven Walker
strider@paradise.net.nz

Brainbench MVP Computer Technician

Pauls right the main one is Logo.sys. It is in the Root Directory of your C: drive. The 2 shutdown screens are in the Windows Folder. They are Logow.sys and Logos.sys. These can be changed the same way as the Startup screen if that is why you need to know where they are.

By the way Paul thanks for the plug. I need all the votes I can get.

Steven Walker
strider@paradise.net.nz

Brainbench MVP Computer Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back