Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows me restarts after a shutdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

ridgerunner

Technical User
Mar 27, 2002
US
Has anyone experienced this problem, when I shut down Windows ME the p.c. shuts down and restarts automatically. I have checked all power settings and anything I could think of. The only way to keep it off is to time it just right, when it shuts off, quickly yank the power cord. please help

The only thing I can give input on is: don't yank the cord out, you could be doing damage to your computer. Try holding down the button until the computer turns off. [deejay]
Nate
"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space!"

That's exactly what I have to do. Sometimes 20 seconds. The one thing you can't buy is time. Yet!

ridgerunner

Start/Run/sysedit/select system.ini

Look under section

[386Enh]

See if you have entry named LocalReboot=1
Change to 0 or delete entry....

smitee

I too am having this problem. I disabled my Macafee AV since I thought it might be causing it but that had no impact. I checked my sys.ini and found no entry with 'LocalReboot=X'.

Any other ideas?

Inflex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back