Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows ME - Good or Bad????

Status
Not open for further replies.

ff18wife

Technical User
Sep 6, 2001
US
I am contemplating upgrading to Windows ME from WIN98. Would like input on the goods & bads of this program. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks! [ponder]

LOL BAD LOL

You should think about upgrading to Windows 2000 or Windows XP. Windows ME is too full of bugs.

Hope this helps! NATE
spyderix.gif

design@spyderix-designz.com

Nate's right - avoid ME like the plague!!!!

horrible, horrible operating system.......

Scotsdude[bravo]

Nate & Scotsdude -
Thanks for your replies. I will definitely take them into consideration.

rwise2112-
thank you for your thoughts. looks like ME is out.

You're right, ME stinks and I'm planning to dump it after struggling with it's nonsense for 1.5 years now. Thank you all for the OS recommendations. Can someone point me to an information source that would guide me thoroughly through the reformatting process, including debugging the hard drive while wiped clean? I've had to reformat 3 times (with the help of brand tech. assist., all of with with varying degrees of detail ie, tech fellow #3 noted that I hadn't been instructed to debug the HD at first reformatting ergo remaining virus ergo reformattings 2 and 3)..the process takes 5+ hours (comes with a bonus case of acute delirium) due to multiple call-backs and wait times with tech support. Thank you for your references. Fear Not

the reason Win Me is so bad is they tried making a home version of Win2k, but that comtinued to fail to even meet Microsofts release limits, so they took parts of win 98 and patched the "holes" of their 'new' home OS tooke em only a year of productoiun and testing then they threw it into the markets. I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.

I don't agree.

I've tried to install 2000 it bugs before the installation is completed, then i've tried xp and it didn't recognized my DVD player and my second HD, i've tried 98 and it bugs all the time...

With Me i'm only reformating my HD once or twice a year and it works very well...

swa,

u having bad luck then dude. you should NEVER have to reformat your hard drive more than once every couple of years. Defrag, yes, reformat NO!!!!!

try 98se, far better than ME.

Scotsdude[bravo]
confirmed XP Pro user - 9 months without crashing or problems......funky...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back