Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows ME & Delphi

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameen

Programmer
Jun 24, 2001
IN
Hello,

Why the system with Windows ME can not shut down properly after install delphi in the same system.

How to overcome this problem?

Regards

Ameen Regards

Ameen

Windows ME *GOSH* is not an operating system. Get rid of it, then your computer will work fine. Use Linux, Win 2000.
Resist XP Welcome to the Pythian Games!
Long live Godess Athena!
dArktEmplAr of Delphi Oracle

I remember reading that there were problems with the system restore function in ME. I also remember that this function can be disabled which may help your problem. I don't however remember the details. System restore is supposed to be one of the great selling points for ME. Shame to have to disable it, but if it fixes your problem....

I also run WinME and I have a problem with the registry.
Scanreg used to run everytime I booted my computer and after I installed Delphi it said the registry was corrupted and restored a previous registry. This meant that the reg key was lost, and some other stuff so using Delphi (6 BTW) was unbearable. I've now disabled scanreg from running on startup but I wonder what causes this problem and how to fix it properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back