Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Logon Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

sascha6002

IS-IT--Management
Feb 3, 2004
CH
anyone know a way to increase the amount of time the windows logon screen is being displayed to a user? we´ve configured our thin-clients to power-on -> login -> power-off after logoff. users complain because if they aren´t quick enought the device goes off and they have to boot again. there must be a reg key to control this

Under your Management Console, click server farm property and go to SpeedScreen browser acceleration. Hope it answers youe question....

hi there
i wasn't looking for speedscreen. i'm looking the windows logon screen (username / password / domain). the window is beeing displayed for about a minute. if you don't enter your credentials during this time you'll have to press ctrl-alt-del to access that window again.

A possible solution would be to place a dialogue box on the screen for the user to click OK to login. You can do this by adding data to the Registry value, HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\Current Version\WinLogon\LegalNoticeCaption and LegalNoticeText.

nope - didn't work. the logon screen still time out ...

The logon screen will still time out but does a dialogue box come up first that must be answered? It is the window before the logon screen I am thinking wont timeout.
I have not actually tried this on a session so I do not know if it will display the box or not.

Sorry sascha6002. I tried it and I see the dialogue box times out as well. I tried it on my PC and it seemed to work. The problem might be that the session is not logged in to Citrix until they authenticate. I will let you know if I think of anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back