Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keyboy

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hello,

Somehow when I was using WLM 11 I clicked the Work Offline 'button' at the lower left of the screen. Yes it worked as advertised and took me off line. The problem is I cannot get back on line. So I cannot send or receive email. Searching the web suggests that you need to open Internet Explorer and click on the Work Offline button to reestablish the online connection. However, here is my problem, I use Firefox and clicking it on, off and on does nothing to the WLM situation, then Microsoft no longer supports WLM so even the online rebuild WLM does not work, lastly, the latest Internet Explorer does not have the work offline button.

So before I jump on a new email program, I was wondering if someone knows where in the registry the on line setting is for WLM of if not how to locate it. I presume that it must exist. Failing this, what recommendations do you have for email. I do have Microsoft office so I could fall back on Outlook, but maybe there is something better.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks Jim,

I will post it there. I was not aware of that forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back