Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Live Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

G0AOZ

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Since we now have to put up with WLM as Outlook Express isn't an option Under Windows 7, I am trying to get the message rules option to work. Here's the scenario:-

User has set up 6 e-mail accounts, which appears to mean there are 6 inboxes, 6 sent boxes, 6 draft boxes etc. Tried to set a rule which moves incoming e-mails all into ONE inbox. The OK button is greyed out when I try to set them to go into an existing inbox. Do I really have to set up YET ANOTHER BOX just to move them to! What a palava...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Will it allow you to create a new folder, and share the folder to the other accounts, than set a rule to move un-read mail to the new shared folder?

All it seems to allow me to do is create a new folder which I can call INBOX-NEW, for example, within one of the existing accounts. I'd hoped to be able to re-direct all mail into one of the existing inboxes without having to create yet another one!

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Are some (all?) of these various accounts accessing IMAP servers rather than POP3? It stands to reason that you wouldn't be able to move messages directly from one IMAP mail folder to another (presumably on a different server), but you should be able to move them from the server to a local folder.

No, all accounts are POP3. If I can't find an answer to this one I may have to install virtual PC, run XP in it, and go back to Outlook Express! A bit O.T.T. but user doersn't like the WLM setup...

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back