Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows live mail V's Outlook express...Help with sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunch

Vendor
Aug 29, 2007
GB

Hello all, - I used to insert a song (wav)into my e-mail using outlook express and when the recipient opened it the song would automaticaly play whilst they read the mail.

Since upgrading to Vista and the version of outlook express being windows live mail, I can insert the sound ok but recipient cannot hear it at their end if their op system is Vista.

Whoops, just had a thought...Could it be that I am using Vista BASIC?

See if there is anything in these Windows Mail, Help items?

"Send pictures or videos in e?mail"

"Why can't I view an attachment in Windows Mail?"

What happens if you send a test E-mail to yourself?

It may be that automatically running a file (without user action) is a security risk that is just not available?

What options have they set in their browser for playing sounds on web pages? Look in Internet Options/ Advanced/ Multimedia.

Thanks Linney -- I guess microsoft have decided to much hassle to allow the functions that outlook had and will only allow you to send the audio file as an attachment now and not impose it into the message when using windows live mail version. - - This sucks.

But Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back