Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
I just found out that we are using Windows 7 N which is for European countries--we are in the US. We just had an audit and I need to change all of our Windows 7 N machines to Windows 7 Professional machines. We have a key for Windows 7 Professional. Can I just go into the systems and change the key to the Windows 7 Professional key? If not, I have a LOT of work ahead of me rebuilding these systems to Windows 7 Professional boxes.

Thanks.

Bad news

I already have an N edition of Windows 7. How can I upgrade to another N edition?

If you want to move up to a different N edition of Windows 7, you can use Windows Anytime Upgrade. If you want to move from an N edition of Windows 7 to a non-N edition of Windows 7, you'll need to buy the non-N edition of Windows 7 you want, and perform a clean installation. For more information about installing Windows 7, see Installing and reinstalling Windows 7.

If all of the machines are the same model, build an image and then backup user data to a server, lay down new image, restore user data from backup. There are several ways to accomplish this, and you will need to do some research as to what is the best for your situation.

Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me. Next question, I installed citrix receiver, but now every time I boot up the system, I get a box that pops up saying Enter your work email or server address provided by your IT department. How can I make that permanently go away?

Best practice in here is to ask a new question in a new thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back