Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows JAVA GUI hangs on client list 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RenC

MIS
Apr 7, 2003
US
I have a client who has their window JAVA GUI hang every time they connect on the client list. The GUI on my laptop does not hang. We both have 1 GIG of RAM with plenty of memory available. When we look at the java window, it says caching <client name> Any ideas on why it works on one PC and not on another? They are both the same kind of PCs Thanks

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

Tried patching the java gui on their pc?

There is no patch...6.5 GA

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

It is not a 6.5 issue. It works on one computer just fine. I was involved in both the alpha and beta test of 6.5 and have no problems recommending 6.5 installs. It is still based on the 6.0 framework...6.5 is very stable

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

I was not inferring that there is an issue with 6.5
I was just stating that you are braver than I am :)

We did compare the versions..they are both at 1.4.

Renee Carlisle
ServerWare Corporation
Rochester, NY

Renee, I know you already got this fixed, but I ran into this, again, and couldn't remember exactly what needed to be done. So I'm replying here for anyone else who needs it.

1) Close any open java consoles
2) Locate the Java admin console config file on the host where you are running the client from (this is usually Windows):
a)Windows: <install location>\Veritas\NetBackup\java\setconf.bat
b)Unix/Linux: /usr/openv/java/nbj.conf
3)Disable FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP
a)add/change this line on Windows: SET FORCE_IPADDR_LOOKUP=0
b)add/change this line on Unix/Linux: FORCE_IPADDER_LOOKUP=0
Note the difference in the spelling of the parameters is correct. Also, no spaces before or after the equal sign and SET is required on Windows.
4)Restart the console and confirm the problem is resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back