Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Installer Hung...!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyfoxvt

MIS
Nov 13, 2002
US
I had a power fail during an installation of a program by the Windows Installer. Upon reboot, the installer was trying to run a program which was somehow deleted. now, I cannot stop or reset the installer which keeps trying to find the files it was running and complete. I am selecting Cancel 5 times at every boot to get past this issue.

Is there a way to remove the automatic loading of this installation, or reset the installer?

What is the program you were installing? Installed off CD or online? What files or programs is it looking for? Does the new program show up in the Control Panel|Add/Remove programs?

What version of Windows Installer?

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

I cannot tell what version of installer is running, but it is trying to install a downloaded file from my Local\Temp location looking for the file OPCS.MSI...

Does this help anyone...?

bcastner is right run the cleanup. You should be good to go

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back