Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows installer flag

Status
Not open for further replies.

serializer

Programmer
May 15, 2006
SE
I am using VS 2008 and have created a setup project. I have a "tray"-client that needs to be started on startup as the logged in user. This works after adding the link to the registry. The problem is, that I want to start this application after install. When I do that with a normal Process.Start (in my custom installer class) it starts as SYSTEM. This is not good enough for me as I can't do what I want to do as SYSTEM.

After some further reading I saw that there is flag called: msidbCustomActionTypeTSAware ( The problem is that I have no idea of to set this flag in my custom c# installer project. I cannot change to WIX and need this to be resolved in my existing Setup. Does anyone have any idea of to do this?

Thanks.

I'm not sure about the flag, but you can look at the overloaded methods of Process.Start, I'm pretty sure it allows you to start your process as another user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back