Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Windows Installer Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Jan 6, 2001
US
Not sure if this is the correct forum or not, but thought I'd try...

I'm having some serious trouble with the Windows Installer application. I tried to load Microsoft Money 2002 (full) over an existing (limited) version that was on an eMachine running Windows XP Home.

The Installer Window says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable....Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'MONEY.MSI' in the box below."
It then tries to install when I insert my 2002 Money disk, but continually errors out.

The WORST part of this is that everytime I open a new application (IE, Outlook),Explore my folders, or attempt ANY action, the Windows Installer windows pops up!!

Does anyone know how to at least stop the Windows Installer Window from popping up and continually interupting my actions?

THANK YOU!!

Try doing a clean install. Check your registry in regedit. Be careful b/c you can crash your pc in here. You will prob need to delete a subkey or a folder. Then you will want to see if there are any directories on your C:\ drive for it. If so delete them and you should be able to do a clean install. Let me know if this works.

jsoule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back