Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows installer & terminal server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mquinn0908

Technical User
Jul 3, 2002
US
I am running terminal services on a 2000 server and I have my clients set up to automatically launch their application when they log onto the terminal. The problem is that the windows installer for office 2000 keeps popping every time they launch the terminal session. I have installed office after installing the terminal services, the terminal is in application mode, and I have also used the terminal server transform file. Any suggestions on how to keep the installer from comming up? Thanks.

It will pop up and then it will ask for the CD.

Copy the install files from the CD to a share on one of your servers and when it askes for the CD just point it to the share \\servername\office2k$. After this it will not ask for the CD anymore because it knows where the share is.

I copied the install files and when it asked for the CD I pointed it to the share. When I launched the terminal client again the windows installer still comes up and says please wait while windows configures microsoft office 2000. However, this time it does not ask for the CD. It does this every time the client is launched. Any more thoughs on how to resolve this? Thanks.

This problem is still occuring. Every time the terminal client is opened the windows installer comes up and says it is installing MS Office SR-1 Small Business. I am not asked for the CD, however, it does this constantly and several times while the user is in the terminal session. How can I prevent this from happening?

That worked perfectly!!!! Thank you so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back