Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

windows explorer view default

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssimmo

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
GB
Can anyone help, when I go into windows explorer the view default is always large icons with files hidden, i get fed up always having to change to list details and view all hidden files, how can i change this so it stays set.

Try this. Change the view to how you want it, then close the window while holding down the ctrl key. I don't know why, but this often works.
John

If you are using 98 or W2K go to My Computer or Explorer and change the view to be the way you want it. Click on tools/folder options from the menubar. Click on the view tab and make the changes that you would like by selecting/deselecting the radio buttons. When you have finished making your selections click apply and then at the top of the dialog box click on "Like current folder" and click OK. And there you have it. From now on all the windows will appear the way you specified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back